Christ’s Family Church (CFC) began meeting in September of 1998. Since it’s beginning, CFC’s purpose has been to allow Jesus Christ to be the Head of His Church. We believe His desire is to build this local church into a loving, healthy “family”. This healthy “family”, known as the Church, is committed to discipling the next generation, reaching out into the Market Place and producing leaders who will plant churches in this region and all over the world!
Christ’s Family Church believes the whole Christian life hinges on the Great Commandment: love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself. We believe these commands are summed up in two simple words, which we endeavor to live – Worship and Relationship.
We are a group of friends who love Jesus more than anything in our lives and who intend to love one another with a commitment that will last. We are a family encompassing everyone from young babies in their mother’s arms, to the grandparents we honor among us. We are nothing special in ourselves and are filled with the imperfections common to man; but we have this one thing in common: We are committed to Jesus Christ, who was crucified, Who now lives forever and Who is the Joy, the Cause, the Source, and the Supply for the abundant lives we live together.
What We Believe
We believe that God loves all humanity and that His love never fails.
We believe we are to love God with all our heart, soul, mind and strength.
We believe we are to love our neighbors as ourselves.
We believe that we are to do what the Bible says, in addition to knowing what it says.
We believe that we are to do greater works than Jesus because He said so.
We believe in making disciples by winning the lost and then investing our lives in them.
We believe every person is to be conformed into the image of Jesus in maturity and in ministry.
We believe that what Jesus did and taught is to be evident in our lives and expressed through our lives by the power of the Holy Spirit.
We also believe that:
· There is one true God, eternally existent in three persons – Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
· The Lord Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God.
· Man was created in the image of God. However, man sinned and became separated from God.
· The salvation of sinners is by grace through repentance toward God and faith toward Jesus Christ.
· Water Baptism by immersion and the Lord’s Supper.
· The Baptism in the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues.
· The Scriptures are the only inspired Word of God.
· The universal Church is the Body of Christ.
· Divine Healing.
· The personal and visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ.